Friday, September 21, 2012

Messages

Sixteen weeks ago Brandon was still here. It was his last night. Tonight I turned my phone on to check for messages. It opened to Favorites and Brandon was the only name in that section. Seeing his name there hit me. I don't know why. But I hadn't set up the Favorites section of my iPhone, so I'd never put any names in it. And my phone had been on my wallpaper page - not in Favorites - when I'd last closed it. How it opened to Favorites tonight, I have no idea. Once there, I flipped to Voicemail and listened to several ordinary, mundane messages to me from Brandon during May of this year. How good to hear his voice. How sad to think there will be no new messages, unless the Favorites page I got when I opened my phone tonight was a silent message. I like to think it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment